Sunday, August 24, 2008

In Seattle


We spent the first two weeks of August in the Great Northwest. I was about as nervous to go as I was excited; Nervous because I was afraid I wouldn't want to go back home; and I mean really seriously NOT want to go back home. My apprehensions turned into reality upon our arrival in Seattle. It was cold and rainy. Ahhhhh, my kind of weather! We had a SuPeR GrEaT time! We hit Cow Chip Cookies, the XXX root beer joint, and of course Starbucks several times for hot chocolate. Starbucks does exist in Florida but the experience is just not the same.
I flew out with the three older kids and Reese came out with Tagg a couple days later. Reese had to get back to work so I was going to have to fly back with all four by myself. YUCK! Linda Krulish, a friend from our Sammamish ward found this out and bought a ticket for her 18 year old daughter Amanda to fly back with me. What a lifesaver Amanda turned out to be! Reese taught Amanda in seminary before we moved so it was fun for him to have her around too. We love you Amanda and hope you come back soon!

Dak throwing rocks in the river at Snoqualmie Falls

Reese and Tagg at a beach on Lake Washington


We went to see the Blue Angels fly. We had never been before. I didn't take this picture; that would have been impressive. They flew right over our heads in this formation. It was super cool!

Tagg and me at the city center

My kids loved exploring off trail on the way to the waterfalls. We were all grateful to breath in some fresh crisp air.

1 comment:

Mark Miller said...

you guys are awesome! this is mark, i can't get logged onto my account right now. But I saw the pictures of your dog, Mom told me about that, thats awesome! Mom and Dad are way excited for the visit to Florida, hopefully I will make it down there soon. Seattle looked fun, wish i could have been there! Well see ya later!