Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Bouquet of Newly Sharpened Pencils

Does anyone know where this post's title comes from? We had an interesting first week of school. Here's how it went..........
Two excited girls on their way to the bus stop

Uh-oh, Payte looks a little worried. Actually, she was really excited to start Kindergarten. The bus came little earlier than expected and she didn't like being rushed to the corner as the bus nearly whizzed past us.

The second day of school was cancelled due to threats of Hurricane Fay. She never hit us. It barely even rained that day. We were slightly disappointed we didn't get to see more action.

Tay fell during P.E. on the real second day of school and broke her nose.
Thursday went smoothly. Yeah! But then came Friday......
..Reese, Tay, and his parents left Friday afternoon for Alabama to attend Lila's baby blessing. We dog sat Chief, my in-law's dog. I love him! We also had Jackson, a jack-russell puppy that Tay wants to adopt. Funny that I got stuck with him while Tay was gone. Minutes after Reese left, Tagg threw up all over me. Dak and Payte soon followed suit, and I ended up tending and cleaning up after dogs and sick children all weekend. I actually felt more sorry for Payte than for me. It's her birthday today and she feels miserable. We will be celebrating her another day.


6 comments:

Jen said...

Hi, this is Jen (Alexander) Orr; we went to SVC together. I found your blog through Rachel and Scott's. It's so neat to see your family - beautiful! So, when did you guys live in Seattle? We were there for almost two years, leaving last fall. One day I could have sworn I saw Kat driving down the road right there in Seattle. I thought I was just seeing things, but maybe it really was you! Small world!

Jessica Jane said...

Your quote is from You've Got Mail. As a prior Math Teacher there's nothing quite like the first week of school and all those brand new pencils freshly sharpened and ready to go. ( = Your kids are super cute. I hope everyone feels better soon. Are you keeping the dog?

mikeandash said...

What a crazy week! I'm glad you survived it. Tell Tay I'm sorry about her nose, and happy birthday to Payte!

Ash said...

Kat I came across your blog. What a darling family you have. I can't believe you have 4 kids. Wow. So neat. I just wanted to say hi. You are so darling. Oh and this is Ashlee Berge Gardner.

Stacia Cummings said...

I thought it wasn't possible but I swear every time I look at your blog your kids get cuter. I miss you chum. Will I ever see you again?

The Gibby's said...

I tell ya, being a mom ain't glamorous. But it has THE biggest pay off. I know I have neen off the blog train for a while, but I am trying to get back on board. Love getting caught up on your cute family Kat.