Thursday, November 12, 2009

Preggers!

I didn't think my belly looked SO huge in my last post but, some have inquired, so obviously, I was wrong. Actually, I was going to post this anyway.
This comes as a shock to some, but I actually have to go on fertility to get pregnant. Just clomid, and it always does the trick fairly quickly. Right before Tagg turned one I felt very strongly that there was at least one more spirit waiting to come to our family. So, I started treatments again but to no avail. I got pregnant and miscarried, then went through further testing only to find nothing wrong. My doctor put me on a new drug that I was totally non responsive to. I was SO SO discouraged. I felt like I was doing everything in my power to have another baby but nothing was happening. My AMAZING husband daringly suggested that I was focusing too much on myself. He was right. I was feeling sorry for myself and forgetting about all that I have been blessed with........which is a TON. I decided to devote my energies to my relationship with the Lord. The more I read my scriptures, attended the temple, sincerely prayed, and served others, the less I cared about being pregnant. I was comforted and knew everything would happen as it was supposed to. A few months later my doctor let me have one more shot on the clomid. It worked! And, here I am almost 30 weeks along. There is no doubt in my mind that this pregnancy has been nothing but miraculous.

This is the only good prego picture I have. This was two months ago. I get HUGE.
And this is me, today, in the hospital. I'll be here for at least a few days. When and if I go home I'll be on total bedrest. Thankfully my mom is in town and is holding down the fort while I'm in here.

8 comments:

Kyle said...

we are so happy that you're pregnant! can't wait to see another precious addition to your family.

Robin said...

DahhH!!!! Are you going stir-crazy?

mikeandash said...

I love the updates and pictures. You've got a beautiful family! Hang in there!

Megan and Vinny said...

wow, kat! we are so thrilled for you and your family. sorry to hear about being on bedrest, though. your children are so beautiful and we are very happy for you that you are able to add to your family!!! what a wonderful blessing! congratulations!

megan and vinny disanza

Super B said...

You are one of the cutest little pregnant women I know!! good luck with the twins. love and hugs! ps. I am glad that Tay likes her clip.

Dan and Katie said...

Hi Kat...and Reese :) I found your blog on Megan and Vinny's. You are pregnant! Me too! Only, this is my first :) You are a VERY cute pregnant lady! Hope all is going well...are you seriously having twins!?!?!? Can't wait to see pictures and hear your very cute and creative names!
Katie (Burgess) Ricks

Megan and Vinny said...

kat, hope you are healthy and well. hope it's ok that we put a link to your blog on ours. if not, let us know. how are you doing? are you home from the hospital yet?

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

ok Kat you may not believe me, well I can say that you will for sure not believe me but i PROMISE that I really hopeeeeeeeeee that I look as cute as you when I get pregnant!