Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bed Rest Projects

I'm home now! And much more comfortable. I was only in the hospital for four days. They got my contractions under control and gave me steroid shots to speed up the babies' lung development. And yes, we are having twins. A boy and a girl!
I can't even express how grateful I am for all the people that are making this bed rest thing possible. We've had people from church, teachers from school, and Reese's co-workers bringing in meals, cleaning, and taking the kids. My moms have been a HUGE help. As I mentioned before my mom was here when I went into the hospital. Yay! Reese's mom came last week while he was out of town. She was fabulous!
Best of all I have an amazing husband who has been very supportive and patient. He has been VeRy busy at work and then comes home to do all my jobs. He's great with the kids. He got home from traveling in the middle of the night on Friday and spent and good while giving me a much needed back rub. Thanks Honey! I love you SO much.
My friend Becca came over one morning to keep me company. She taught me how to make these cute flower hair pins.
I love to knit! I made these hats for the babies.

I had taken much too long a hiatus from my project this year. I wanted to get all the kids stocking done in time for Christmas. My current situation has made this possible. Sorry for showing these off, but I'm ToTaLlY proud of my work.

10 comments:

Kyle said...

Erica and I are blown away! You guys are having twins! How cool.

Super B said...

I love you Kat. I am kind of glad that you are on bed rest. But only because you got to catch up on your projects and do a few new ones too!! Good luck for the rest of the time.

Braden and Julie Reynolds said...

Kat, I've said it before, I'll say it again, HOLY CHICKENS!! Your stockings are a-maz-ing. The talents are endless sister. Glad for all the help you're getting. And I agree, I think Reese is fabulous. You need a bedrest etsy shop dude. Lots of Alabama love from us!

@udj said...

Kat, I saw you left a comment on Katie's Blog. It is Audrey Young from SVC. I've just read this first post, and can't believe you are having twins and already have 4 kids. Wow! You and Reese are probably the best parents ever. Good Luck with bedrest, I've had to do that before, but not with twins. I wish you guys the best. You have a cute family.
audrey
ps
your knitting is awesome

The Johnson Family said...

Hey Kit Kat, I don't know if you remember me or not. I saw your blog on Andrea's. Just wanted to congratulate you on twins! How awesome, glad to see I am not the only one with a big crew! Very FUN! Good luck!
Devyn (Hunter) Johnson

Dan and Katie said...

You should brag, those stockings are awesome!

Megan and Vinny said...

all of your projects are darling!

and hooray for twins!!!!!!

since you like to do projects, check out this blog i found: mymamamadeit.blogspot.com

i have a link on my blog to it. she "refashions" tons of stuff and makes really cute flower pins too.

congratulations again!!!

Jessica F. said...

Those stockings are AMAZING! You are amazing! I am so sorry that you are on bedrest. Sounds like your hubby rocks! Good luck with everything!

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

Kat I love those hats and pins they ae so dang cute

Jessica Jane said...

Congratulations!! How fun to have twins! You are amazing. I hope bedrest doesn't make you crazy. I know how active and busy you like to be. It's good you like to knit!