Saturday, November 28, 2009

Back in Again:(


Howdy all. Reese here, stepping in to post on behalf of Kat.

Well, her cheery post about being home on bed rest turned out to be short lived. Apparently all our concerns about her keeping her keester in a bed full-time were warranted. I don't know if it was pity on me and my woeful performance as Mr. Mom, or the simple fact that anything short of chains, rope, and heavy sedatives will fail at keeping her down, but either way the whole "bed rest at home" thing didn't work. I must give her credit for a valiant effort, but it just wasn't to be. On Tuesday we came in for another appointment and she was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. I'm not sure what all that meansspecifically, but I do know it means she is moving along more quickly than she should be for this stage in the pregnancy. She is still 8 weeks from really being due. Nobody ever expected full-term, but they also are not prepared to let her deliver these babies any earlier than is absolutely necessary. They are hoping she can keep them in the oven till mid-December, so in their wisdom they have put her back into the hospital till the babies decide to come. Strangely, they openly admit that there is nothing they are necessarily going to do in the hospital that couldn't be done at home, other than they can force her to stay off her feet and they just don't trust her to do that at the house. Expensive hotel stay, but the truth is that they are right - this is really the only way she'll stay down.

We love you all - we'll keep you posted. Providence continues to smile down and watch over us, for which we are eternally grateful. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

11 comments:

Blue Eyed Girl said...

CONGRATS guys!

Kathy, you are seriously the prettiest pregnant lady I have ever seen!

We are praying for you and REALLY miss you guys!

Happy Holidays!

Hugs~

Kari Davis said...

Babie's... I didn't realize there were multiples???? Yes... good thing you knit... after caring for many young children I'm sure your not used to the "quietness".

Hugs!!!!

Super B said...

Haha. Reese, I loved your post. Kat is definitely not the type to do bed rest at home very well. I was laughing about the modesty part. What you said is funny, and completely true! Hope Kat and babies are doing well. I can help out wherever you need me.

Haydee said...

Very funny observation Reese. I found your fam blog through Becca and have enjoyed it very much.. I feel like I know you guys so much better. You kids really are adorable.
Kat--if you're bored and need company, I would love to learn how to knit. I come with baked goods too.

lori said...

Kat, it was great talking with you this morning. I decided that I'd better check out your blog before I forgot....It is hard to believe that it has been 3 years since you folks left. You had a huge impact in our lives and we love you guys! Hope all goes well with these twins. You will have double the joy! (and work) but I know that you have an abundance of energy so you will be able to manage. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Love to all! Lori Salmon

byoung said...

kat

awesome that you love to knit too-by the way sorry about bed rest, especially in the hospital. i hope you carry them as long as possible!!! your fam is so cute!!

becca
p.s. if you are bored a really cool mom blog is soulmama.com, she loves to knit too

megan said...

wow...
you guys are in our thoughts and prayers. so happy we found your blog!

megan and vinny

Kari Davis said...

when you get a chance e-mail me your address:
kariandkids@gmail.com

Jessica Jane said...

Just catching up on your blog. I hope the buns are still in the oven and that you are staying sane with the kiddos.

We miss you!
Jessica

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan and Vinny said...

just checking in to see how you all are. we hope that all is well for you. take care!