Monday, October 20, 2008

Virginia............Home Sweet Home.

Reese and I took the girls up to Virginia two weeks ago for SVU's homecoming. It's where we met (awwwwwhhhhh). I LOVE this place. I've been saying that about various different locations lately. If it's not Florida, I love it. But really, it is a wonderful place to go to school. We caught up with old friends that feel like family to us.

This is Main Hall. Isn't it beautiful! I lived in this building when I was there. The fall in this town is spectacular! The rolling hills and mountains are covered in colors of yellow, red and orange.

Reese played in the annual alumni soccer game. These guys are getting OLD! They could barely walk by the end of the game.

This is Tay with Jessica and Jennifer Brotherson. I babysat these two when I was in college. They babysat my two while we were there. The Brotherson's are a super amazing family. We love and respect them so much. And wow, I must say it was so easy to just have the girls with us. I started getting everyone ready for church at my usual time and ended up with an hour to spare!

4 comments:

mikeandash said...

It's good to hear from you again. Sounds like a fun trip. I love that building at SVU, it's so beautiful.

Scott Fam Dam said...

Harvey and I were just talking about the Brotherson's today, is that really Jessica and Jennifer?!! They grew up way too fast! I am sorry you hate FL so much! We have actually been dying to get back to VA as well. You never know what might happen!

The Gibby's said...

Kat, what an adorable dog! I AM surprised that you of all people didn't want a dog. You guys were always taking in the dogs that my mom would never let us have. I guess it is different when you are the mom now trying to manage everything. Such a beautiful dog. Love the name too!

Virginia looks beautiful. I can’t believe you got to live in that gorgeous building! I would want to live ANYWHERE else (let alone Florida) after living THERE!

YUCK on the stapled head! I cannot believe he let the stale it! I would rather bleed to death! Can I use enough exclamation points to express how horrified I was to see that picture and imagine his head being stapled by Joe-schmo!!! AH!!!

Mark Miller said...

I'm really sorry that i couldn't come with Mom and Dad this weekend! i want to come see you and your family so badly. tell reese and the little dudes i said hi! love ya kat!