Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chula! Chula!

Meet the newest member of our family, Miss Tigress Chula Reynolds. Tay (Kathleen Tay) named her. She didn't want to be the only one in the family who goes by their middle name.


We promised Tay a dog when we got back from our Seattle trip. I was NOT really looking forward to getting one. I've always liked the IdEa of having my kids grow up with a dog, but wasn't willing, until now, to let it become a ReAliTy. This change of heart towards pets might shock those who knew me when I was young. I LOVED dogs; not so much anymore.
Anyway, we went to the humane society two weeks ago to scope things out. We immediately fell in love with a six month old, brindle colored retriever/who knows what else mix. She's great! She is playful, affectionate, and relatively obedient. The kids love her and I can honestly say I'm excited to have her in the family. She'll be a GREAT lifelong addition.

5 comments:

mikeandash said...

She's a pretty dog! She sounds like a great fit for your family.

Livi found the card she wrote to your kids. We'll mail it off soon.

Andrea said...

You're one nice mama! I'm not a dog person at all (not sure if you remember my sister's dog Ringo--hated him!) and even if my kid really wanted one I'd say no. That's why you're awesome!

Kristine said...

Hi Kat,

I really enjoy reading your blog, as I learn new things about YOU all the time. You do a great job - also, love how you improved the pictures from the pack trip - such talents.
Love, mom r.

Blue Eyed Girl said...

Love the name!! And I love that you got her at the Humane Society!

Reynolds Rundown said...

Why Kat Why??? You are a very good woman and I hope that she is a very good (and grateful) dog. Can you please help me on my blog????