Friday, July 11, 2008

Friends Forever!

Tagg and I briefly visited Utah during the 4th so we could go to the Miller Family Reunion. I don't have pics from that yet so I'll post them later.

I was able to go out with the ole neighborhood gang. I love these girls! Teresa (far left) and I were inseparable during our Senior year. I loved picking rice out of the pot at her house; lots of good times.
I remember once getting splinters all over my toes as I climbed my fence into Andrea's backyard. Do you still have that Karl Malone towel you had hanging in your room? It was a towel wasn't it; priceless.
It was SO fun to catch up with these ladies. So much has happened to us over the years and we've only recently reconnected through blogging. But, it felt like we had never been apart. Friends forever!

This is my AMAZING sister Ashley and my BEST friend from junior high Haley.
Haley and I lived directly across the street from one another. We had the GREATEST times together. I remember dragging a cooler up the hill to sell snow cones to the younger neighborhood kids. We gave them a dinky LiTtLe cup with shaved ice, put some kool-aid on it and charged them 75 cents. We made twelve bucks that day and promptly took our proceeds to Baskin Robbins where we bought a turtle pie. Yum yum!
I don't know if Haley and I were immature for our age, or if we were just trying to hang on to our childhood as long as we could. We spent countless hours playing, or should I say romping. Yes, I think romping adequately describes our activities. We just had a lot of good active fun. Love you Haley!
One of the best parts of my trip was spending time with Ashley. She Is Superwoman (and I'm not just saying that because she has done two iron mans). She spent the night in the hospital just before my family descended upon her. She found out that she is diabetic. But, she is also eight weeks pregnant, and those first few weeks of untreated diabetes increases the chances of birth defects. She prepared a HUGE meal for the family reunion all from scratch, gracefully let us take over her home, took care of her three kids and Great Dane puppy, allowed visitors to pop in and out, and made another homemade meal, pie included, all while she dealt with the joys :) of early pregnancy and tried to get a handle on her diabetes. She did this all effortlessly. She is also a wonderful mom! Her kids are so sweet and mild mannered (at least compared to mine). She does lots of fun projects with her kids and religiously keeps a scrapbook/journal for them. I don't know how she does it all. You're the best Ash!

4 comments:

mikeandash said...

Thanks for your post. I appreciate it.
Whenever I tell people about you I start by saying, she is pretty much perfect in every way, and continue by telling them how amazingly talented and wonderful you are. Thanks for being such a great example.

The Gibby's said...

I'd like to think that we were so mature that we could see past all the silly Jr. High fluff and chose to "romp" instead. Yeah, that sounds sufficient. Oh, we did have SO much fun. I miss those carefree days.
Ashley really is amazing. I hope to be more like her some day. I will keep checking up on her and her baby of hers through her blog. Love you both so much! You too Andrea and Teresa! I had a blast!

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Funny that you would bring up the Karl Malone towel. I hadn't seen that thing in years and had totally forgotten it. But while I was at my parents' house in Orem preparing to go to 7 Peaks, it was in the stack of towels my mom had out for us to use. I couldn't even believe it! So when I read the post on your blog I was laughing. I was so lame back then (and sometimes still now). Fun memories. I still just remember when you moved in by us that at first you were kind of shy. That is when we'd steal your instrument and carry it for you out to the bus. Funny to think you were quiet and shy!! I also remember making cookie dough and just eating it, and hanging out with your mom in the basement having an exercize challenge. I also remember that you were so dang smart in math and helped me out a ton in Mr. Clark's 10th grade math class.

It was also nice seeing Ashley. Tell her I need an invite to her blog--hope she got mine. I hope she and the baby are okay.

p.s. that was my post above that was deleted--too many typos so I had to redo it.