Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy 33rd Honey!

I threw a big surprise party for Reese this year. He was SO surprised (probably because I did it three weeks before his birthday). I was thrilled! It's VERY hard to pull one over on him. He can always tell when I'm keeping something from him, and always finds (without meaning to) the presents I've thought I hid in a good spot. I think his mom was even more ecstatic that we surprised him than I was.
Reese was out of town and working a lot of late nights on the weeks preceding the party. The night before he told me he felt bad about being gone so much and that he would be coming home at lunch time the next day. I enthusiastically said, "Oh, great! The kids will be so glad!" I was, of course, not so glad on the inside. I called his boss and he agreed to keep Reese at the office for the entire day. Reese was NOT too happy with him, though, and his boss agreed to give him Monday off for not letting him go home early that day. Thank you Kimball and Abilio for helping me pull this off!
This is us on Reese's real birthday. He wanted flan. What the?? I DON'T like flan. It's too eggy. I hate eggs. But, he WAS the birthday boy.




8 comments:

Scott Fam Dam said...

Happy Birthday Reese! You guys have a gorgeous family.

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

you made flan! Kat what can't you do :-) you're such a wonderful wife and mother I HOPE HOPE HOPE to be as great as you are. love and miss you!

The Gibby's said...

Happy Birthday Reese! You have a beautiful family. Nice sneaky work Kat!!

Chantalle said...

Flan! I love Flan! Will you make it for my birthday?

Kat, you rock! Happy b-day, Reese!

XO to all!

Stacia Cummings said...

Happy birthday Reese. Sometimes I forget that I know him because it's been so long since I've seen him. Nice work on the surprise Kat. I pulled one of those off once and it was hard work. Jeremy's 33rd is coming up soon. Maybe I will make him some Flan.

P.S. I'm so sad I missed you in Utah. You don't come back as often as I wish.

mabeybowman said...

Hey Kat! I'm so happy to see your blog back up. I honestly missed it. May I amen the other comments to say that you DO have a gorgeous family! The Southern Virginia group headed up by the Cluffs is here right now. We had Melody and Randall and Doug Hines over for dinner on Monday night and Melody had the nicest things to say about you. She said that she always thought you had such a sunny and genuine demeanor at Southern Virginia and she has always really liked you. I agree. Hope we can visit face to face (and I don't mean video-chat) one of these days. Take care.

Blue Eyed Girl said...

Love the background change! What was the website that you got the free paper downloads from?

thanks!
Leila

Robin said...

yup.