Sunday, August 30, 2009

"And He Will Sit By Me"

My children take life in the SLOW lane their first couple years.  Milestones are reached at a later date than most.  This used to worry me, but I've come to realize that it's just the way they roll.  Tagg, for example, didn't start crawling until he was 13 months.  He walked at 18.  And then, out of nowhere, they hop on the express and seem no further behind other kids their age.  

Tagg is suddenly bursting with personality.  Two year olds are so dang cute!  I could just eat him up.  One thing he LOVES to do is sing.  I don't even think he is conscious of it.  He sings ALL THE TIME, and I love it.  I think just about any member of our church, worldwide, knows the words to  the song "I am a Child of God."

Here is how it really goes............
I am a child of God, and He has sent me here.
Has given me and earthly home with parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do to live with him someday.

This is Tagg's version..............
I am a child of God, and He will sit by me.
Has given me an earthly home with presents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the treats.
Teach me all that I must do to live with him someday.





Yep, I could eat him up.  

7 comments:

Braden and Julie Reynolds said...

that's fantastic! It's been too long since we've seen you guys. Thanks for the laugh!

The Downey Family said...

So cute!!

The Gibby's said...

Hey Kat! I haven't been on blogs for MONTHS now so it was fun to pop in a catch up. Your little guys version of "I Am A Child of God" is hilarious! I love it! Looks like you guys are having fun and keeping busy. I am getting together with your sister today and I wish you were coming! I miss you!

Amy said...

Kathy! Your kids are so adorable. I found your blog through Michael's. I'm going to add you and Ashley to my friends list :) My blog is werenotbland.blogspot.com if you want to see it!
-Amy Smith (Amy Bland now)

mabeybowman said...

Love it! What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Kat, I just found your blog and Tagg's lyrics are priceless! Your family is adorable! Hope you and the kids are doing well!
Heather Kennedy

wicket01 said...

Hey, Kat - what beautiful "grandkids"...LOVE YA