Saturday, May 16, 2009

We Love Florida Because....

....there are all kinds of critters to catch and birds to chase.  I can't walk out my front door and not see a lizard dashing off.  I regularly see ALLIGATORS along the bank of a pond I roller blade near.  We often have to stop to let peacocks cross on our way to school.  We've seen wild turkeys and loads of cranes.  There are lots of snakes and frogs too.  I'm okay with all of these things as long as they don't end up in the house.  The kids fished a huge dead frog out of our pool the other day (disgusting, I know).   Frogs are my least favorite of all the above.  They are slimy and fat, and I'm about to loose my dinner thinking about them so I'll stop.
Tay caught a lizard and Dak caught a little snake.  The lizards will bite down on her fingertips and she walks around with them dangling from her hands.  Is she mine?
These sandhill cranes frequent the neighborhood and let us get quite close.  

No comments: