Sunday, May 17, 2009

Muddy Buddy!

Reese and I entered the Muddy Buddy challenge in Orlando thanks to our good friend Dolly.
Here's how it works.  You and your partner start at the same place same time, but one is on a bike and the other is running.  There are four different points over six miles where you must do an obstacle and take off running (or biking if you had previously been running).  There is a mud pit at the very end of the race that you must crawl through.  Our bike broke on the second leg of the race, so we ended running more than we'd expected.  We're going to do it as a family next year.  They have a mini-muddy buddy for kids.  

8 comments:

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

i'm so so so jealous!

MaShay & Jason said...

Kat!!! You updated a ton! I am so glad! I read them all and it made me miss you even more. Maybe I'll stop reading because it makes me sad.... but I can guarantee I won't stop. I love you Katarina and miss the family SOOOOOOOOOO much.

Blue Eyed Girl said...

SO FUN!!! I loved reading your updates! You have the prettiest family!

Miss you!

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

Kat I was so so so upset that we didn’t get to do it (ugh) when I went to sign up it was SOLD OUT!!!...I’m def. in like Flynn next year. I might do this one run called the Picnic Island Adventure run which has obstacles and such but just not as grand as the MuddyBuddy. Anywho so Jordan and I move over to Bruce B Downs 8/1/09!!! We sign the lease this Saturday (hopefully)!
Miss you tons and you are looking so great Kat…keep up whatever it is you are doing. xoxox

mikeandash said...

Great updates! I want to come do that race so bad, it sounds like so much fun! You guys are such a fun family.

Jessica Jane said...

That looks REALLY fun!

Stacia Cummings said...

I want to play in the mud

Becky said...

Oh my, Kath! That's hilarious! Coincidentally, when I think of Chex Muddy Buddies I think of the Millers. Your mom made them for all of us once and they were splendid!