Friday, June 1, 2012

I May be Married to This Guy But Sometimes......


at least for the last eight months, I feel like I'm married to my pump. Sad, but true.  It has been EVERYWHERE with me; in the parking lots of rest areas, restaurants, grocery stores, and doctor's offices, and churches.  It's been in the homes friends and family.  It spent a few nights with me in the back of the car in the parking garage of the hospital when there were no beds available.  I put it to use in the middle of the night to build up my milk supply before the babies came home.  I packed it with me for nights at the Ronald McDonald House.  It's been up and down the east coast, in the mountains, and near the beach.  It has served me well through six of my eight children and now it's time to say goodbye.  

 I pumped and bottle fed Rook and Tigue.  I thought it would be easier than nursing them both.  I didn't like it.  I was ALWAYS pumping and feeding and pumping some more. They went on formula when they hit two months.  With the second set of twins was bound and determined to actually breastfeed them, but it was not to be.  We didn't have enough time before they were released from the NICU to establish breastfeeding.  Reese (baby Reese) wanted nothing to do with it.  I think Sade would have eventually caught on had I been persistent enough.  But, I had to be realistic.  I brought them home to a house FULL of people (four of them in diapers).  We had three birthdays and the holidays coming up. We were on the brink of moving back to Florida.   I was basically drowning, still am.  I am actually pretty proud of myself for making it this long.  My goal was six months and I made it to eight.  Why don't I keep going?  Well.........we are moving again.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!  I can't believe it.  It is permanent this time.  We are heading out to Colorado as soon as we can buy a house.  There is a LOT more work involved with this move.  When we went to New York there was one house, one school, one branch (church), and we didn't have a house to sell.  I am soooooooooo busy during the day and sooooooooo tired at night and the last thing I want to do is hook myself up to the pump.  I just want to CRASH.  
I'm having a hard time with this though.  Seriously!   It's my last physical tie to pregnancy and infancy forever.  I LOVE having babies.  Love it!  It's hard for me to let go of this stage of my life.  Hard but necessary.  

Now back to this guy.  He surprised me with a weekend in Boca Grande!  I've been in dire need of a break from my everyday life.  I imagine my children could use a break from me too.  He's the best!  I married the BEST man in the world.  He knows what I like and what I need and works hard to make me happy.  
 Do you play croquet?
 When I was little I wanted so badly to break my leg.  I REALLY wanted crutches.  I used to pretend croquet mallets were crutches.  I was short enough that they could have worked.
Spending lots of time doing nothing.  I LOVE that!  I'm not usually like this but I think it's all right for a day or two.  



6 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

you are moving to colorado!?! awesome! we live in colorado springs :) where are you moving to?

kat reynolds said...

Denver

Coates Family said...

Colorado sounds great! Enjoy your little break from reality. You have such a beautiful and you are seriously super woman to handle all that! Good luck on the next chapter of your life!!!

Coates Family said...

*Beautiful family this is...

Stacia Cummings said...

Kat you look beautiful and I am SO excited for this move. Florida was much too far.

Robin said...

You are doing awesome. Love you.