Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rook 'n' Tigue

My life right now is crazier than I could have imagined. It's a good and VERY blessed crazy. In the last two years we have had two sets of twins and moved twice. Everything in pairs I guess. I ought to be pushing for two washers, dryers, fridges, etc.
Rook and Tigue are quite a pair. They are best friends. Their polar opposite personalities compliment each other well. Tigue is all girl. Rook is all boy. She always has a mouthful to say and he is unintelligible. She is tidy and careful. He is a beat up mess ALL the time. His food lands everywhere but his belly. Tigue is bossy and he is accommodating. She cuddles and sings to her babydoll while he drives trucks over my bowls of fresh cut strawberries. She loves to draw. He loves to read. She sits nicely on the couch while he purposely face plants onto the floor from the back of it. They are the BEST! I am soooooooooo glad they came to our family.
Whoever gives a two year old a BIG Blow-Pop sucker has either never had kids or forgotten how terribly MESSY suckers are.

Just waking up
Twins are good at sharing (for the most part).

Tigue walked into the room I use to pump. She said, "Oh you're pumping. That's CRAAAAAAZY! Good job you silly goose!"
Like I said, a beat up mess

6 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

Such cuties. I love your updates, keep em coming. They make me want to have more kids...then I get back to my reality and am fine with the two we have for the moment :) Peter was born in November...11-11-11. Just a few more blog posts prior to the ones you saw. He is awesome!

MaShay & Jason said...

Kat! I hate that I haven't even met Tigue. What kind of aunt am I??? Sheesh. Well so far you are sticking to your goal of posting. And I love it. I love you and miss you so much. I miss living with you and getting to spend as much time as I want with you and the kids. Hope we get to see you soon! Love you!

MaShay & Jason said...

P.S. Tigue is gorgeous!

Brooklynn said...

Kat,
You have 8 kids.....Oh my goodness!! Your family is so adorable and congrats on the new twins:) Man how do you do it? I thought 4 was hard:) You look great, just the same and I remember!

***megan*** said...

your little ones are just precious!!! i love the description of "a beat up mess" because i can relate! how do little boys manage to do all of that?! love you guys and love your blog!

Braden and Julie Reynolds said...

This was fun to read. I'll take all the updates I can get on your crew. Fun to talk the other day. Love you!