Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dak is 5!

Our big 5 year old. I mean, our 5 year old. Had a hoot of a birthday; got himself a new bike. He was a great sport when his Christmas bike 18 months ago looked unsettlingly similar to what a polished up version of Payte's old bike might have looked like. This one was his own, brand spankin new.

Here's a shot that the kids call "Dak's floating head". They think it looks like his head fell off and was floating around in the water.
Grandma Reynolds sent Dak some workout stuff, since he is quite a muscle man and was very much into her headband when were in Washington this summer.
Dak's birthday cake. I'd tell the story about how this thing was made, but suffice it to say that about 1/3 of the cake was left by the time I finished carving, fixing, recarving, refrosting, etc. It was a nightmare, but Dak was pleased with the outcome nonetheless.

While I struggled mightily to salvage the disaster I had created, Kat found great humor in my repeated failures so she thought to take a picture or two. You'll see in the picture a large bowl, full of failed cuttings, frosting, cake chunks, etc. Yes, we threw out more than actually survived on the cake. Don't be deceived by the smile - that's after the absurdity of my repeated messes and the lateness of the hour left me with no other reaction but to laugh. Trust me, it was preceeded by plenty of frustrated groans and growls.

7 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

I'm impressed Reese tackled the creative birthday cake! Good work!

MaShay & Jason said...

Nice work Greeser! I love you guys and miss you sooo much!

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

lol what a great two blogs! LOL...and I see now why the snake is a good idea...NOTTTTT...lol..j/k...miss you guys!

Blue Eyed Girl said...

LOVE the new family photo! And YES I wish you lived closer so we could see more of you! Miss you all!

@udj said...

Awww, family is the best. I had the biggest smile and a few laughs, just seeing your cute family. I think it would be crazy to have 6 kids, but so much stinkin fun too!
Audrey (from SVC)

Stacia Cummings said...

I will never forget Dak bustin a move at that restaurant in Orlando. Great little dancer. What a stud.

mikeandash said...

who is dak, he seemes like a cool guy